The FormLabs Form2 printer is an advanced SLA 3D printer which uses resin instead of PLA.
Background: The Form2 produces a finished product with a higher level of detail and finish quality than that of PLA Printers. The tradeoff for improved quality is an extended post-print process and higher cost. This means that the resin objects need to be washed in Isopropyl Alcohol and then UV cured before use. Supports cannot be simply peeled away as they must be clipped at the connection to the object. In most cases prints require more sanding than PLA prints depending on the type of print.
Tutorials on How to Work with the FormLabs2 Printer and Prints:
- How to Level a FormLabs 2 3D Printer
- How to Add Resin to a FormLabs 2 3D Printer
- How to Print on a FormLabs 2 3D Printer
- How to Remove and Clean Prints from a FormLabs 2 3D Printer
How to Cure a Print on a FormLabs 2 3D Printer
– Technically this video is accurate. However, we are now using a FormLabs FormCure curing station. It is black and to the left of the FormLabs printers. It works the same way as the DIY box you see in the video. The only difference is you must press a button to start the process.
- How to Remove Supports from a Resin Print from a FormLabs 2 3D Printer